Construction on Alma Heights Christian School, then known as Alma Heights Academy, began in the early 1950’s. Our doors were opened in 1955 to a handful of boarding students. Pacifica was then rural farmland in unincorporated Pedro Valley. As the population expanded out of the city of San Francisco, Pacifica became a family-oriented community and Alma Heights Academy redefined itself as a day school. The word Christian was added to the school’s name to distinguish it from area Catholic schools and to build our identity with the California Association of Christian Schools, later to become Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Our campus is 37 acres and crosses from Seville Drive to Linda Mar Boulevard. As the student body grew and new programs were added in the mid 1970's, the Linda Mar campus was developed.
The campus continued to expanded through the next decades and our state-of-the-art gym and library were built in the early 2000’s. These buildings were dedicated in 2006 and have been an important addition to our school and Coastside Community Church, our partner ministry.
The high school was added to AHC in 1985. Seven freshmen, the Class of 1989, inaugurated this division of the school, which has grown continually through the decades. In 2006 Alma Heights Christian School was accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).